Goods and Service Tax (GST)
Our Indirect tax practice focuses on customs duties, erstwhile excise, service tax, central sales tax and value-added tax, Newly introduced Goods and Service Tax to help clients manage risks and compliance. Our professionals are trained to understand clients’ business for providing effective indirect tax advice.
India’s Indirect tax regime saw a major shift through abolition of majority of indirect taxes and introduction of a simpler tax in the form of GST. We help our client in Transition and smooth implementation of the GST by doing impact assessment, advisory services and providing help in compliance of the GST act through return filing, GST Audit etc.
BJS has a wide experience in providing services which include,
- Complete guidance and assistance to get rid of all GST related worries
- Filling of refund application
- Advisory on Accounting issues relating to GST
- Advising on Maintenance of statutory records and registers
- Analysis of Business structure from GST perspective
- Providing timely updates on changes notified by the Government or local authorities
Efficient tax management is the key to any business since it helps reduce costs and stay ahead in today’s competitive era. Such effective tax planning and management requires great foresight and that is what we deliver. We recommend our clients the best possible tax solutions and strategies in the given circumstances and also assist them with its successful implementation and execution. Our specialized team aims at catering hassle-free and speedy delivery of GST related tax service which includes:
- Understanding of the Process and System
- Review of Tax Codes and HSN Codes and Tax GL in Books
- Review of GSTR-3B Filed
- Review of GSTR-1 Filed (Output Liability)
- Reconcile Input Credit Actual Eligible with the GL in the Books and Input Credit claimed in GSTR-3B and GAP Analysis with Reasons and Resolve the issue with corresponding changes in the system or process.
- Other Review includes Format of all documents as per GST Law, Sample invoice and document verification and other important system and accounts related aspects.
Our team of experienced legal and tax professionals with in-depth experience in analysing notices, drafting submissions, strategizing the way forward and representation before the GST authorities/ appellate authorities. Our experience in GST coupled with our analysis of the potentially litigious areas could mitigate the risk of litigation for the taxpayers.
Ethics has been the backbone of our firm. We are strong followers and propagators of ethics in our professional practice. We provide independent and unbiased guidance to our client on legal matters.
We offer representation service in connection with the following:
- Clarifications in relation to the registration of a new business
- Show-cause notices issued for compliance or physical appearance
- Survey and search conducted at the premises of taxpayers
- Scrutiny of GST liability and annual tax assessments by GST authorities
- Audit objections raised by GST authorities
- Refund applications
- for export of goods with payment of taxes
- for inverted duty structures
- for excess Input Tax Credit
- Anti-profiteering provisions
- Difficulties in compliance/ interpretation of GST law and seeking clarifications from GST
- Application before the Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs (CBIC) for removal of
any difficulties and case to case exemptions
- Unfavourable orders contested before the CESTAT/ other appellate authorities
- Advance ruling to be obtained for a proposed transaction from the Authority for Advance Ruling (‘AAR’)
- Representation before Government/tax bodies/ GST Council on a need basis
The GST law requires an audit of the monthly compliances by way of an audit attached to the Annual Return. It is critical for the taxpayers to start focusing on the audit of compliances under GST law and input and output reconciliations form a critical part of the GST audit certification. The audit of Annual return (also known as GST audit) lays the foundation for the first external verification/ assessment under the GST law.
We, at BJS believe in offering qualitative value-added services encompassing a comprehensive review of all GST records along with our recommendations on strengthening internal controls for appropriate data entry, data recording, data analysis and data requirements for compliance.